Thought of the Day:

"Never forget these two fundamental truths: 1) To those that would challenge that "The Founding Fathers" didn't envision assault rifles being taken into schools, the Founding Fathers did fully envision times in which our liberties would be challenged and enshrined RIGHTS in the Constitution and not contexts. And 2) There is only one amendment protecting all others, and that is the 2nd Amendment. We will live as patriots, or die as slaves. The choice is ours."

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Concord Bans Water!

I have to wonder why lawmakers in Concord Massachusetts think some plastic bottles are better than others. Apparently, they have banned small plastic water bottles. Retailers can no longer sell these vile containers of H2O. First-time offenders will receive a warning, second-time violators can be fined $25, and third-time offenders can be fined $50, according to The Boston Globe. It should be noted that the law may inconvenience some in disasters, so can be suspended then; and if it's too costly to enforce, they may scrap it altogether.

On the one hand, I understand the rationale behind protecting the environment by reducing waste. But on the other hand, we're talking about WATER here. So while plastic water bottles are banned, it's ok for you to chug down your soda out of a plastic bottle. I guess plastic soda bottles don't harm the environment... only reprehensible water bottles do.

It appears that were I to live in Concord, I'd be okay since I don't have any small water bottles in my house. However, a quick look in my pantry reveals the following non-polluting plastic bottles: cooking oil, soda, salad dressing, condiments like mustard and ketchup, Hershey syrup, Coffee Mate, BBQ sauce, Slim Fast drinks, squeezeable jelly, peanut butter, Nutella, honey, and milk. In my kitchen, I also have plastic bottles of cleaner like Windex and spices lined up in a pretty plastic row.

But these don't pollute the environment. Only small water bottles are bad for the environment, apparently. Good to know... I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment